[Gpdd] CARE When to start veggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Mar 3 15:08:26 EST 2007

Hi Denise,

It is perfectly safe for Hedwig to be eating veggies. Piglets born here are following their mum around from day one and start to nibble veggies alongside her almost from birth. I cannot imagine why the person from whom you adopted Hedwig would tell you not to feed veggies.

Favourite veggies with my herd are cucumber, celery, cauliflower leaves, broccoli, romaine lettuce and carrots. None of mine have ever cared for bell peppers but I know that lots of piggies like them. There's a list of good veggies on GuineaLynx. http://www.guinealynx.com/fave.html  In the fruit line, mine love all kinds of melon, including the rind, apples ( cut up small in case they develop mouth sores ) and tomatoes. I'm never sure if a tomato is technically a fruit or a veg. Whatever it is classed as, the Piggyfriends love them.

Mine all start the day with a carrot chunk and I have never had a stone piggy either.

Try Hedwig with a different veggie each day and you will discover which ones she likes. If my piggies are anything to go by, it will probably be all of them.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.