[Gpdd] Health/announcement/silly: Lotje's health, adoption day and a question

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:55:32 EST 2007

Hi all,

This weekend whee went to visit some friends and uncle for me and because
Lotje is still on antibiotics which she has te be fed 2 times a day, we took
Lotje with us in the travelling cage. Guiny and Dunya stayed home (they only
were alone for on night and I made sure everything was full to the brim). 2
full bottles of water, a pellet filled food bowl and lots of hay and also i
hid veggies everywhere  in the cage.

We had to feed Lotje her antibiotics when we were at the birthday party of
one of my friends. It was nice everyone was really quiet and watching (and
adoring) Lotje, when we gave her her medicine. These moments make me feel
like such a proud slave.

On sunday we went to visit my godfather/uncle, and their kids have piggies
too, given to them by my mom, one was actually Jan' friend, but they did not
get along...
So I let my niece hold Lotje, she was absolutely adorable, being really nice
and cute and relaxed... But what made me the happiest was that she started
pooping, and it were nice well shaped poops :D (you know when you're a slave
when..-moment). I already thought the diarrhea was gone since the evening
after we visited the vet (before she had medicine), but I had not actually
seen her poop yet.
So Lotje is doing much better.

Were home again now, and lotje is reunited with het friends again, playing
in the play pen. Guiny and Dunya were just fine, probably already ate all
the hidden veggies just after we left, but fine all the same.

I also wanted to tell you all that tomorrow (although you'll probably read
this tomorrow) 5th of March will be Lotje's 3rd adoption day :D
Veggies All around!!!

Happy wheeks and healing wheeks to all the piggies that aren't feeling to
well, especially to yaya (licks from auntie Lotje!!). And piggies kisses to
all the slaves and piggies that lot a dear piggie friend!
the Winky Girls: Lotje, Guiny and Dunya
and slave Mikey

Ow by the way, I bought a small booklet about guinea pigs for my niece and
nephew, which was actually a pretty good one (told about how piggies need
excercise and that pigs and bunnies were not such a good idea), but it had
an interesting Question: How did Guinea pigs get the name 'guinea pig' ?
Any ideas? I'll post my thoughts about this in a later post, but am very
interested in your ideas!!

Mpstaaks at emxn.com
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com