[Gpdd] [SILLY]<The name of the guinea pig>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 04:28:02 EST 2007

Hi Mieke and the winky girls,
yaya sends a big hug back to auntie lotje. She has been pooping normal for
about a day now, so we're hoping she keeps it up.

About your question about how guineapigs got their name. I know I
know!*jumpjump* (sorry you know i'm a bit of a geek) Hope you come up with
another explantion and make it more interesting...Hmmm no.. i dont want to
spoil it for you, lets see if i can give some hints.(I actually have three
stories)

1. Guinea pigs originally come from south amerika, but(from europe) this was
a long trip, the sailors had to make a pitstop somewhere in afrika.....

2. Surinam is also in south amerika. When it was a dutch colony, it used to
have another name....

3. Their name has to do with their price around 1700.To be more specific,
their price in an english currency (should i say british?) used for trading
with afrika.

4. I don't have to explain the 'pig' part, do i?(i guess that is because
they can squeel like a pig)

Okay, let us know what you found!
Grtz
janneke and the winky team