[Gpdd] CARE Peeling fruit and veggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Mar 6 14:14:47 EST 2007

Hi Susi,

The only thing that I peel for the Piggyfriends is beetroot. I once read that piggies will not eat the skins, none of my herd ever have and when I pull them up from the garden, the skins look disgusting anyway so I remove them.

I've never tried them with Kiwi fruit but I wouldn't want to eat that fuzzy skin myself. I always cut apples into small pieces in case anypig is prone to mouth sores but don't peel them.

Dear old Truffle, who gets impacted, prefers peel to the fruit inside. His favourite is a melon rind, closely followed by cucumber skin ( he leaves the insides for somepig else ). I believe he instinctively knows that there is more roughage in the rind.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.