[Gpdd] [GPDD] Behavior- Wheekers

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 13:18:38 EST 2007

Another bit I meant to add with the note on the
  deaf piggie . . . as others, our experience here
  has been that one will be the 'spokespig' for the
  group, and the others are content to sit and agree
  with whatever comments/demands were made.
  That is how Buzzerre got her name - when she
  was very small and new to our home, she was
  very vocal, like a buzzer going off.  When another,
  younger piggie came along and started to speak
  up, she was content to let them take over. And
  so it goes, younger ones stepping into the role,
  the older ones 'retire'. And the youngest ones
  seem to be the loudest!  Have you all noticed
  the sound/ear correlation? It seems the louder
  the pig, the more the ears flap as they wheek!
  (sounds like a contest we should definitely have!)

  Speaking of contests  . . . are any of these
  locations being suggested for the Pig Olympics
  near both lake and mountains, so we could have
  both water and winter events?
  Mieke, you and Janekke are doing an awesome
  job on this!!!

  Susi & the OP's