[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS] Rodney's Travel Journal Part 6

Hala Annette annettehala at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 18:06:44 EST 2007

>From last time:
  "The guy there slapped several new “Animal” and “Up” stickers on the kennel and then he had to walk us down to the TSA station so they could swab the kennel for explosives..."

  We had to take Rodney out again in there. The lady thought he was really cute and when she scratched his back he purred for her. Go figure. She attached an inspected card to the kennel and told us not to let the plane take off until someone had torn off the bottom and brought it to us. Rodney went straight outside from that room and we went to our gate. We were only there for about 2 minutes before we boarded. On the way into the plane I told a flight attendant that we were traveling with a pet and I was supposed to receive a boarding ticket for him. We found our seats and a minute later my sister looked out the window and saw Rodney’s kennel sitting on the tarmac, with other oversized luggage scattered around him! It was warm that day and he was on the black asphalt in the direct sun. Needless to say we freaked. My blood was boiling. The baggage guy was putting regular bags on the belt in a normal careless fashion. The four of us were glued to the windows and I was
 looking for a flight attendant to complain to, not that it would have done any good. After what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only 10 minutes, they baggage guy had loaded every thing except the kennel. He bent down, pulled the tag off, picked up the kennel roughly, swung it up to see inside, and put it on the conveyer belt. Just then a stewardess came up the isle and I complained to here about how our animal was treated. I cannot remember now what I said. I wanted to know how to make an official complaint. I fumed internally while we sat on the plane waiting to push back. I was afraid it was too warm in the cargo area because it was warm in the plane. They finally brought us our tag and we pushed back. In this case the tag wasn’t necessary since we had seen him go onto the plane. I continued to be mad after we took off until I passed out from exhaustion. As usual the stewardess came buy about two minutes later asking if I wanted something to drink. My eyes
 cross easily and I guess they were when she woke me up because she jumped back and said with alarm “Are you alright?” I responded with, “I’m fine. I’ve just been awake for 30 hours.” She didn’t bother me again after that, but I never fell asleep again. We landed in Denver a little before 3:00PM.

  To be continued