[Gpdd] Silly:Heaven, Hell & GP's

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 11:24:23 EDT 2007

Hi all.

  Persistance pays off!  Several months ago someone, I don't remember who, posted a nice story of a man and his Guinea Pig finding Heaven.  Well, that bothered me because as it was written I knew I had seen that story on Twilight Zone.  Sure enough as it was a 1962 episode called "The Hunt" written by Earl Hamner when he was just getting started on his road to fame.  For the life of me, when I read the story on the Digest I couldn't remember the author's name.  The Sci-Fi Channel, for those who can get it, runs the old, original TZ's and I saw it again last night.  Now the story as posted on the Digest was cute, the original story, however, is quite charming and one of those that you remember.  At the risk of giving my age away, I remember the original episodes "cause I saw them when they were first run.

  Mr. Hamner wrote 8 of the original Twilight Zone scripts, one of which was "The Hunt".  I don't know the source the original poster used to post with but, as a word of warning, Mr. Hamner is very much alive today and I'm not sure how he would feel about something like this since he wasn't given credit for his work.

  Anyway, I just thought this might be interesting.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug