[Gpdd] HEALTH Weight loss. Claude.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Mar 15 15:25:41 EDT 2007

Debbie, So sorry to read about Claude losing weight.

The only experience that I have had with this problem was with one of my girls many years ago. My vet diagnosed diabetes but at that time there was no treatment available ( I wonder if there is now? ). She would eat up really well but continued to lose weight over a period of time. Despite the diabetes, which caused her to lose her sight and made her drink a lot more than usual, she lived to a good old age.

I doubt that this is Claude's problem but if he were mine, I would continue giving him private meals to see if you can get his weight up again.

I have sometimes found that older piggies go off some of the foods that they enjoyed in their younger days and although, at 4, Claude is by no means an "oldie", I would try giving him more of his favourites to see if his weight improves.

I haven't tried the Malt Extract but have often followed Peter's advice in "Piggy Potions" and given Metatone to piggies who are off their food.

Hopefully you will receive some more advice.

The Piggyfriends send their love to Claude,

Penny.