[Gpdd] Health: Lotje's vet & VIRTUAL: ThunderBears & Cheerleading team

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:03:24 EDT 2007

Hi All,

Today I finally got a call from Lotje's vet. They did a test to see if lotje
had any kind of fungus, but it tested negative, just as i suspected.
Recently I washed Lotje and the rest of the Winky girls with their own
special piggie shampoo, which Janneke told me also works against Fungus'.

The vet did not really seem to know what could be the problem otherwise. He
said it might be hormonal. But if that was the case the only way to solve it
was to spay her.
Well I'm not planning on letting them operate Lotje if the only thing that
is bothering her is some bald spots, it does not make her uncomfortable or
less pretty! Anyways i'm still wondering if it might be ovarian cysts,
because to me that's still a possibility. If he could nog feel it, well, so
what? I just felt I knew more about what to do with pigs with diarrhea, than
he did. (It think its because Yaya has had i so often)
Anyways before there might be an operation i want them to check on that
first. Lotje does not seem to be bothered by the bald spots, if that the
only thing then I will definitely not let them operate on her, the risk is
just to big. I also heard of a breeder who breed red/white rexes, that her
rexes sometimes had bald patches, but it always just went away, so maybe it
that what Lotje has...

By the way, this march and april it bunny and rodent months at my vet's!
Mostly the activities are oriented on bunnies, but you can have your rodents
and bunnies checked for free! So I made an appointment right away when the
vet called me. So next wednesday I will be taking my three girls to the
vets. I know although Guiny hardly ever been there (she only accompanied
lotje there once, and we went to the opening of the new vet), but she kind
of hates to go to the vets'. I just don't really get why. Dunya has never
been to the vet with me, so i'm interested how she will act. She is my
loudest piggie, so it could become interesting! I'll have them check Lotje
again, hoping they will find out more about her bald spots...

About the olympigs: the current cities are voted for like this:
Denver, 7 votes, 26% of the votes
Santa Rosa, 1 vote, 3%
Oxford, 10 votes, 38%
Lake Elsinore, 8 votes, 30%
Keep those votes coming! vote at:
http://www.opinionpower.com/Surveys/875046381.html

53 piggies have been signed up for the pig olympigs, by 18 slaves (a average
of nearly 3 piggies a slave)
Want to sign your piggie up, fill it in at:
http://www.opinionpower.com/Surveys/429046388.html

Dunya wanted to let little bear know she would like to be part of the
ThunderBears! She was just wondering if it would still be okay if she did
piggie train with Lotje, Guiny and Auntie Suus and Yaya and Uncle Jan? Maybe
she could do it both? I am not to fond of sending my little girl all the way
to lake elsinore by herself though...

She also wanted to let everyone know that new cheerleaders are still wanted
to support the carrotheads or other teams. So far there are only 2 signups
for the carrotheads... Jan (janneke) and Duke (Glynis).

Okay this post is probably long enough so bye for know...
Ow yes, Susi, there is no poster for the pig olympigs yet, but if you have
some Ideas we could make it... When do you need it this wheekend? I will be
away tomorrow morning for a job interview (second one at that company, they
wanted to see me back :D ), but have time in the afternoon...

Many greetings and Wheeks,
Mikey and the Winky Girls: Lotje, Guiny and Dunya

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl
Cavia's: http://winkysgirls.hyves.nl