[Gpdd] Drinking Girls

Linda veronicas65 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 21:00:06 EDT 2007

Hi to all Pigs and People,

  It has been a few years since I have posted to the GPDD and I am so glad to know it is still up and running!

  I have a question about excessive water drinking. I just adopted two new girlie pigs from the local shelter - making a total of five piglets. For some reason, one of these girls, Tina, drinks excessively. Between Tina and her companion, Deb, they are going through 32 ounces of water per day! I don't want to limit their water consumption if they are truly thirsty, but as you all know, more water drinking means a lot more cleanup! A couple of times I have taken the water bottle out for an hour or two and then they both look so sad and stricken that I have to put it back in. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
  Linda
  veronicas65 at yahoo.com
  Tina, Deb, Loretta, Josey, and Olive