[Gpdd] [Care] Drinking Pigs

Hala Annette annettehala at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 16:01:33 EDT 2007

Hey Linda,
  We had a similar quandary.  When we went on vacation two years ago and left our piggy with the pet sitter for 5 weeks he started draining his 300ml bottle (10oz) every day.  Before that he would only drain the bottle in 5~6 days.  (Not that we let the water sit that long usually.)  We were afraid that he had become diabetic or something.  Our eventual conclusion was that he was board and entertaining himself and became addicted to playing with the water bottle.  He is definitely addicted.  If you get down on the floor and watch you can see most of the water running out the side of his mouth and onto the floor.  We tried the taking it out, like you did, when he was chugging on it.  He gets that same sad stricken look, so we always caved and gave it back to him.  I often hear him chomping on the empty bottle and realize it's dry and needs to be refilled.  When I go to get it he bites on the nozzle and puts his feet up on it to keep me from taking it away.  I try to explain
 that I'm just going to refill it and bring it back, but he usually stands there looking crushed.

  Annette