[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc: Pet store abuse

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 11:21:12 EDT 2007

Diana- Thank you for taking the time and going
  out of your way (not to mention putting yourself
  possibly into harm's way) for the sake of that
  poor little piggie. The guy is clearly only in it
  for the profit, if he cared more about the animals
  he would have surely looked into proper care
  and housing of all the creatures in his store,
  and at the very least been more receptive to
  your comments.  That's a foolish way to run
  a business, not to mention careless treatment
  of the animals in his care. Besides being bad
  for the piggies housed temporarily with the
  rabbits in the store, how many then are put
  in with rabbits when they're taken home?
  Please let us know more contact information.
  Like, does he have an email address? You
  mentioned a website. But it obviously is
  going to take more than approaching him,
  even if hundreds of us contacted him. And
  I doubt a humane society or shelter can do
  much. BUT - bring the public attention to this
  and he will begin to squirm. In other words,
  publicity is what this needs, we will need to
  contact all your media, in hopes that some
  will pick it up. TV, newspaper, etc. Maybe
  someone at the humane society or shelters
  can help with ideas.
  So let us know who we can contact, and I'll
  bet they will hear from quite a few. Also, if
  you can get a story of any kind published,
  let us know that, too. We can get it posted
  to that Care2News site, and with enough
  posts to flag it,it will get even more circulation.
  This guy could end up with a lot of negative
  pubilicity, over something that would have
  been so simple to resolve.
  We're ready to help
  Susi & the OP's