[Gpdd] Misc: Role of cavies in other cultures

A GREIG greig164 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 19 18:06:15 EDT 2007

I am writing to say that I can see where Nicholle is
coming from.  I don't like to think of people eating
guinea pigs but if people are from a culture that eats
them me,you or anyone else telling them straight out
that it is wrong is more likely to make them dig their
heels in and take no notice.  I think it is better to
go alongside people, tell them about your love for
guinea pigs and help them see them in a different way.
 I know that's how it works with my rabbits.  I have
relatives and friends who have eaten rabbit but I now
know that they see them in a different way because
they have met my rabbits and have more respect fot
them.
I must say however that I am more unhappy about the
zoo feeding guinea pigs to crocodiles.  I don't think
the zoo needs to keep crocodiles unless they are an
endangered species.
Anne