[Gpdd] Misc: Silly Olympigs

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 00:10:44 EDT 2007

Hi fellow slaves.  The Lady Bug reminded me tonight that I hadn't done much to promote having the Olympigs in Santa Rosa.  She told me she'd like very much to see all her "cyber" friends having the same good time she does so here goes.  If anyone likes to surf, we have the ocean about 15 miles west of us, water skiing, we have Lake Sonoma which is very large and for snow skiing we have the Sierra Mountains.  We also have Spring Lake right here in Santa Rosa for swimming competitions.  We have beautiful (and some 2 thousand year old) redwood trees as well as oaks and other kinds, all of which by May will have their leaves for lying under and cooling off.

  She thought the vineyards smelled lovely but does not recommend any piggy eating the mustard as she didn't think it tasted very good.  She can't imagine why humans get so excited about it. She has eaten a couple of wine grapes and definitely recommends them as they are sooo sweet.  Unfortunately, they only arrive for eating in the Fall.  She thought a competition with everyone eating as many wine grapes as they could before the growers caught them would be lovely.  She could just imagine a herd of piggies running through the vineyards eating everything in sight.  Maybe if the Olympigs are ever held in the Fall????  We do have many open fields and lakes in the area suitable for an Olympig game ground.  We also have the Sonoma County Airport right here in Santa Rosa so it would be very easy for PigAir to land.  From there it's a simple trip to the various lodgings.

  I think I've said before, The Lady Bug has resigned herself to never being a LAPS Piggy and to being just a little over two pounds all her life but she can still eat with the best of them!  She is still only interested in entering the eating and sleeping contests as those are the things she really excells at.  She told me that she can hardly wait for the mouse attendents and would prefer a smaller dog transport as she's small herself.

  I'm still trying to talk her into wearing a costume but she is resisting me since she tries to eat everything around her and doesn't trust my judgement to give her anything suitable.  Oh, the life of a slave is very hard sometimes.

  Anyway, the Bugster is looking forward to seeing all the friends she's made so far as well as to making new ones.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug