[Gpdd] OFFICIAL GPDD ANNOUNCEMENT: PLEASE READ

admin at guineapigs.org admin at guineapigs.org
Tue Mar 20 11:03:42 EDT 2007

All,

PLEASE keep in mind that the GPDD does NOT sponsor letter writing,
telephone or any other campaigns that members initiate. We encourage
our members to take part in and help other members with their
endeavors (that's why we're a big family), but keep in mind that you
are doing this BY YOUR OWN CHOICE, **NOT** at the instruction of the
GPDD.

For various legal reasons and with very few exceptions, we cannot
initiate, sponsor or support protests, letter-writing or telephone
campaigns. We ask that if and when you *do* participate in any such
activity that you represent yourself *as yourself*. If you want to
mention that you are a member of the GPDD, that's fine - but DO NOT
say that you represent/ARE the GPDD (such as, "The GPDD says you
should..." or "The GPDD will make sure this stops"... etc., etc.)

All we are asking is that you do not hurt the GPDD - something that
could happen if you say *we* are the sponsor of what a member does.
And look at another side: the GPDD doesn't want to take credit for all
the effort and hard work that a person does to help piggies. That
credit should go to the person doing the work!

Thanks, and good luck in all your efforts to save piggies!

The GPDD Team