[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc: Grass equivalents

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 13:32:00 EDT 2007

Recently we learned that Couch Grass (UK) has medicinal
  properties, but didn't know how to find it here in the US.
  Well, I just heard back from the man at our local state
  extension office:

  "Couchgrass is also known as Quackgrass (Agropyron
  repens), which is common throughout the U.S. , but is
  considered a noxious weed and I believe is controlled
  by the (ODAFF).    Though this plant is known for its
  wonderful herbal properties,  you should check with
  ODAFF before you decide to plant any.Your neighbors
  may not be very happy either, if you are growing it and
  it creeps into their landscapes."

  I wouldn't mind trying to get hold of some and putting
  in a planter.I've inquired as to where we might find it.
  To me, the picture looked similar to crabgrass.
  Anyone out there know any more about this?

  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  (who don't care WHAT KIND of grass it is, just
  hand it over!!)