[Gpdd] misc; pet shops

bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 09:13:31 EDT 2007

I would just like to say thank you to everyone involved in this discussion for giving me so much to think about. Where I am in England we have what I call good pet shops and bad, the good ones house their piggies in an enclosed run with plenty of food, water, toys and other piggies to play with while the bad ones house their piggies in fish tanks with nothing to amuse the little ones.

I have always avoided the bad shops in the hope that my one woman protest will have an effect but judging by the fact that they are still there my efforts are not affecting them. While I would never contribute to their profit by buying piggie supplies there, it is not the fault of the poor piggies that they happen to have ended up in a fish tank. I am now turn between my resolve never to enter these shops and the knowledge that in these shops are lots of piggies desperate for a chance of freedom and love and what right do I have to deny them that.

What I would suggest is that if we can save a piggie from this we should but we should also make it clear to the shop that what they are doing is wrong and try to educate them on how piggies should be cared for, we can name and shame these shops and hopefully make a difference.

While on the subject I would like to mention Pampurred pets as a bad pet shop. In their animal care literature they recommend housing piggies with a small rabbit for company. They also have piggies in fish tanks. Think we should try to explain to these people what we know about piggies and hope they change their ways.

M + Fugly

Hoping for a better world for piggies