[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Slave Grooming

Willowstorm25 at aol.com Willowstorm25 at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 09:24:17 EDT 2007

Hi Slaves,

There is something that just hit me last night that I wanted to ask you all
about...

Out of all the guinea pigs I've shared my home with over the years,
Abyssinians, Aby-ruvians and Bolivians, I have noticed that *only* my  Bolivians (aka
Americans to some people) will tend to climb up my face  and groom me.

I just noticed this last night when I was holding Ryvvir (Aby) and Aquinnah
(Bolivian).  Ryvvir cuddled and purred and all that wonderful stuff, but  then
Aquinnah climbed up my shirt and started cleaning my face, licking the
corners of my eyes and my ears, nuzzling my nose, smoothing my hair with her  toes.
 I enjoyed it thoroughly, and as I was reveling in this, I remembered  my
Sapphryn used to do it, too.  So did Sayge and Kylie.  All three of  them were
Bolivians or Bolivian Cresteds.

None of my Aby's have ever done it, even though I have had just as  close
relationships with them.

Have any of you ever made a similar observation?  Do you have any
explanations as to why this might be?  I'd be interested to hear  them.

Nicholle, Ryvvir & Aquinnah