[Gpdd] MISC: Bolivian Guinea pigs

Willowstorm25 at aol.com Willowstorm25 at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 22:35:50 EDT 2007

Hi Slaves,

Someone asked on the last post what a Bolivian guinea pig is, and as I have
one, and have had three others previously, I figured it was worth  answering...

Simply put, a Bolivian guinea pig is an American or English Shorthaired
guinea pig.  "Bolivian" is simply another--just as accepted, but not as  widely
known--name for the breed, and it's all to the discretion  of the cavy fancier
as to what name they use.

I prefer to call my shorthaireds Bolivians because Bolivia *is* one of  the
legitimate countries of origin for these animals, not the U.S. or  England.   I
am one of those people who likes to call things the way I  see them :)

Well, have a good night, all!

Nicholle, Aquinnah & Ryvvir