[Gpdd] Health: Weight Question

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:29:35 EDT 2007

Hello,
I had a question about my piggie Quentin. At his last vet visit he weighed
3.5 pounds and our vet said she didn't want him getting any larger than
that. He is a big boy and a proud member of LAPS. Anyway I weighed him last
night and he is now just under 3.9 pounds, which means he has gained almost
4 ounces in 4 weeks. Does that seem unusual to anyone or am I worrying about
nothing? He is a little lazy at his rip old age of  almost 31/2 but he has
never been overly active. I am proud to have a LAPS piggie, but I don't want
him to get any health problems from gaining too much weight. He has a huge
cage so both piggies don't usually have floor time, but that changed this
week. I bought them more gates and they get very supervised (since neither
piggie is fixed) floor time every other night. They both love it since they
usually only see each other though the bars between their gates. Miss Zeussy
usually popcorns the first 20 minutes non-stop which is quite funny to see!
Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated. Healing wishes to all the sick
piggies out there.

~Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent of Quentin and Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the Bridge