[Gpdd] Health: Juliet

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 24 21:52:37 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Juliet has decided to get her slaves all upset again.  She started to lose weight again and we noticed she wasn't eating or drinking as much as usual.  We watched her eat and she seems to be having trouble biting and chewing her food.  She isn't drooling, no wet chin.

I took her to the vet yesterday.  She got a through checkup and a blood test.  The blood test came back normal, so the vet thinks it must be her teeth.  She examined her jaw, mouth and teeth and didn't really see anything obviously wrong.  She has a lighted instrument she uses to see into a piggies mouth.  She showed me Juliet's back teeth and how they curve inward, which is normal, unless they curve too much..  One side did look more curved than the other.

The vet wants to sedate/gas Juliet and check her mouth thoroughly.  I have read other's posts about this and need some advice.  How dangerous is this?  The vet said she has done this many times and never had a piggie have a problem.  Sometimes one clipping is enough and sometimes it needs to be done regularly.  It is going to be expensive, too.

I have tried syringe feeding, but she won't cooperate.  She hates CC and the stuff I made up myself kept clogging the syringe.  She eats better when we hand feed her,  She is way too young to put down for this.  What do we do?  Go ahead with the sedation/gas exploration of her mouth?

Juliet went from over 1100 grams to 900 grams in a few weeks.  She doesn't want to give up her position as LAPS president.  We have to get that girl eating!

I got some good info from guinea lynx, but would like to hear from slaves who have gone through this.

Thanks,
Worried slaves Dee and Joe
www.sunnyday1.blinkz.com