[Gpdd] health; handling

bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 08:16:49 EDT 2007

Hi all I have been reading a number of piggie care books recently and must of them disagree on quiet a few points, what they do seem to agree is that piggie health checks and things like claw cutting should be done while piggie is on its back.

My boy Fugly hates being on his back in fact I dont think I have ever managed to get him on his back. He is so young and flexible he just twists his body round until he is upright again then glares at me as if to say what are you doing to me.

Help does any one know how to train a piggie to be on its back, and can any one explain why this is the best way to do things. I have read about towel wrapping but then how do you cut claws when they are wrapped.

All advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

M + Fugly