[Gpdd] [GPDD] Care: Nail trimming

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 11:37:14 EDT 2007

I guess I've missed those books - I don't think
  I've ever heard it recommended to turn a
  piggie on his back for having his nails trimmed.
I do remember one slave saying they simply
  set their piggie on a tennis racket, and then
  trimmed the nails that stuck through the
  racket. It worked well for them, but I never
  tried it.   To me, the secret is to keept the
  piggie calm and still, and turning one upside
  down does not keep them calm. I set them
  on my lap on a towel, petting them, and
  talking to them. When they are reasonably
  calm, I trim one foot at a time. If they are
  very stressed, we just don't do all the feet
  at once. Or very much off at a time. You
  can always go back and do more. When
  necessary, I hold the piggie snugly against
  me, or even wrap them in a towel, piggie
  burrito style.
  Maybe the upside down thing is supposed
  to hypnotize them or something. Good luck!
  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  (with "Do Not Tip" printed on their tummies!)