[Gpdd] Health: Miss Zeussy again

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 11:44:03 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone,
Well Miss Zeussy started up with the squeeking again this weekend. I called
our vet first thing this morning and we are going in this afternoon. I was
just looking for a little advise. I am suspecting she has another UTI. Since
it hasn't been that long since she had the last one I am thinking we didn't
knock out the infection the last time. Our vet put her on Baytril before,
but after reading the guinealynx forum it looks like she should have been
put on Bactrim instead. I am going to ask about this today. Last time the
Baytril also upset her stomach, so maybe they will try the Bactrim first
anyway.

The other thing I was reading is that she could have sludge that is causing
the problem. I am going to ask about this as well. Her urine does tend to
leave white chalky residue sometimes. Her diet consists of KayDee's Timothy
Complete (she refuses to eat Oxboy Cavy Cuisine) unlimited Timothy hay,
Orchard Grass occasionally, and the following veggies: romaine lettuce,
Belgian endive, cilantro, pea pods, Green Beans, occasional carrots and
escarole. I read that maybe I should cut out the romaine lettuce for bladder
sludge. Any advise would be great. As I said I am going to pose all these
questions to Dr. Mulski as well, but I greatly value the opinions on the
digest. Healing wishes to the other sick piggies out there.

~Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent of Quentin and Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the Bridge