[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Another Wheezing Piggie

Hala Annette annettehala at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 12:57:29 EDT 2007

Last weekend we noticed that Rodney's nose sounded like it was wheezing. We took him to the vet first thing last Monday.  He was acting totally normal, but we thought it better to check because there was definitely something wrong with his breathing. They checked his lungs, heart, eyes, and temperature and said he was fine, although there is definitely something wrong with his nose. The vet said it was probably an allergy either to the spring or the new Timothy grass we got from Kleenmama's Hayloft. The breathing problem started at the same time he got the grass. They said there was no need for antibiotics since he wasn't suffering from an infection and they might just mess up his digestion. We cleaned the cage and took away the new hay when we got back from the vet. It has been a week now and he still has a snuffy sounding nose but no other symptoms.  He is eating, pooping, drinking, playing, sleeping, and being his usual spoiled self.  I was surprised when I saw the other
 message about a wheezing piggie.  Someone mentioned their pig wheezing on a message bord too.  I don't usually have alergies but I have had an irritated nose the last week.  Everything started blooming here his week.  The only thing I can think of is that he has allergies.  Incidentaly he is the same age as the other wheezing piggies. (4 1/2)

  Annette