[Gpdd] Health: Miss Zeussy again

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 15:05:26 EDT 2007

Hi Shauna.  The Bactrim sounds like a good idea to me.  It is better tolerated by most piggies but I recommend giving Miss Zeussy a pro-biotic two hours after, just to keep the gut in good shape.  If the course of Bactrim does not knock out this infection then it sounds as though her urine will need to be cultured to see exactly what the bacteria is and then an appropriate Ab can be prescribed.

  The "white chalky sludge" is normal as long as it's not excessive.  It is just calcium that is present in piggies urine.

  Good luck at the vets today.  The Lady Bug sends healing wheeks to Miss Zeussy.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug