[Gpdd] Health: Wrong about Miss Zeussy

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:56:18 EDT 2007

Hello Again,
Well my first post didn't make it up before the digest went out on Monday so
you are all getting 2 post today. We went to the vet's office tonight and I
was totally off on what was making Miss Zeussy cry out in pain. As it turns
out she has injured her back. Dr. Mulski did a urinalysis just to make sure
there was no blood and it came out fine. She did a fully body exam and
Zeussy didn't cry out until she got to her lower spine. Then she was in
pain, so Dr. Mulski thinks the position she stands in to pee and poop hurts
her back. She gave us metacam to give to her for 10 days so she won't be in
pain while her back heals. If she is still crying out in about a week then
we will do further investigating to see if she is in the early stages of
arthritis since she is about 3 1/2 years old. Dr. Mulski is leaning towards
a minor sprain in her back because she can still move around perfectly fine,
just certain positions hurt her. The only thing I am coming up with on how
she hurt her back is her crazy popcorning when she gets floor time. She goes
so crazy she sometimes knocks herself over. She must have done it sometime
in the last few days since she wasn't crying out until Saturday. I am very
glad we got into the vets today because I hate to think of her in any pain.
Hopefully she will be on the mend and we can stay away from the vets for a
little while! Miss Zeussy always looks terrified in that little carrier and
to make matters worse we were at the vets for and hour and a half. A poor
woman rushed in with her very sick ferret and I let her see the vet before
us. The poor little guy had pneumonia and didn't look good at all, neither
did his poor slave. Anyway I just thought I would post the update. Thanks
for listening again!

~Shauna