[Gpdd] HEALTH: Handling; Fugly

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 00:01:01 EDT 2007

Hi,
     How old is Fugly? Ebeneezer WoollyBear went totally ballistic when
turned on his back. Great survival reflexes, that little piggy, only to be felled
by an inoperable bladder stone. (weep)   But, Since first getting Chester and
Charlie 3 years ago, the Ohio rescue piggies, I have held them on their back
regularly (and gently) - first simply to verify gender and then because they
were so little they didn't know they could protest.
     I played "piggy toe" and "piggie foots" games with their cute little
paws and feet regularly. Sounds silly but they begame used to having paws and
feet handled and so nail clipping was not the ordeal that it was with the 3 older
Jolly Rodents.
     I've had some luck sitting a piggie on my lap to trim neail -- sor of
like a teddy bear.