[Gpdd] CARE: NAIL CUTTING

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 00:20:03 EDT 2007

Reading Susi's post reminds me -- one does not have to cut all the nails AT
ONCE. Sometimes you can manage just one foot or paw per sitting. There have
been times when I've cut only one or 2 nails then waited a while, maybe even a
day or two before clipping a few more, letting the piggy's tolerance dictate how
much progress could be made at a given time.
     Also, many of you will recall the fate of poor Mr. Cooders front toe in
my inept hands. Before he went to the Bridge I discovered that he still had
his toe after all -- just no nail. I felt so much better.
     Just be patient with time. It does get easier -- sort of!   :) And be
careful!!   Keep a steptic powder or box of corn starch at hand   before you
begin....just in case. If bleeding occurs, God forbid, douse liberally with the
forementioned and hold power and paw in your hand until all bleeding has
stopped.
     Aren't I encouraging? Sorry.

Alge and the Jolly Rodents