[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <teeth>

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 27 17:00:57 EDT 2007

Dear Jodi

I do sympathise with your worries about Gussie.  I was told by Vedra at the
Cambridge Cavy Trust that a guinea pig does not need to be put under
anesthetic to have their teeth attended to.  I understand the difficulty in
finding a vet that will work in this way.  There is a very simple tool that
vets can use that will easily keep the guinea pigs mouth open while the work
is done.

Here is a link to the tool and how it works:-

http://www.guinealynx.com/send_separators.php

Perhaps you could ask your vet to take a look at this link and offer to
purchase the tool and really encourage him to use it.  I'd be more than
happy to order one for you here in the UK and send it to you.

I was told by my vet that the smaller the animal, the greater the risk with
anesthetic, and I would imagine the more an animal is put under the more the
risk increases.

I know I am not advising you one way or the other, but I hope this helps
with you weighing things up.

Carole