[Gpdd] Health: Guiny and ovarian cysts?

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 05:51:43 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Guiny seems to be doing better, her nipples are not that big anymore and i
haven't seen or heard her rumble all day yesterday!
My vet did not know the hormone HCG/Choralon. He woudl want to try, but he
warned that hormones could have side effects too, what side effects exactly
he did not know, but putting hormones in would mean a change in guiny's body
which might be bad. I gave the vet the phone number of an other vet that did
have experience with HCG. He called her and she said it was a waste if
money. she tried it on 50 piggies and only one had a good result.

So now I'm not sure what to do, if chances of success are really that low,
then it would be a waste of money. But spaying is quite a big thing on this
little piggie. I'm wondering if anyone knows how bad it will be for Guiny is
a cyst bursts? I heard that the fuild inside is just a normal non-infectious
fluid which will be reabsorbed be her body.
Who's had their piggy spayed and for what reasons and did all go well?
Or should i just leave her be as long as she is healthy and eating enough?

pffft, it a hard decision to make...
Grtz Mikey

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com