[Gpdd] health - Rusty Roo Update

Raeanne Sisson sirenn at insightbb.com
Wed May 2 07:54:06 EDT 2007

Thanks to everyone who replied with supportive thoughts and emails regarding my piglet Rusty Roo! I want to give everyone an update.

We took her in yesterday for a urinalysis, and they kept her overnight. They ran tests, and her urine was "clean." We took her off meds for 3 days prior to the urinalysis, and expected the vaginal bleeding to return -- but it didn't! It still hasn't and she's been off baytril for 5 days now. It's so unusual... she was on baytril for like 2 months straight and she would bleed sometimes when I missed a dose by an hour... now, no bleeding! We're a little apprehensive as to whether she has recovered, or if symptoms will return.

Also, we noticed a little bit of weight loss. At her first weigh-in a couple months ago, she weighed 2 lbs 9 oz. At her most recent vet visit, she weighed 2 lbs 4 oz. We're going to take her in in 2 weeks to find out if she is continuing to lose weight or not.

Thanks again to everyone for being so supportive! I'm feeling a little relief for now because she seems to be doing well.

-Raeanne