[Gpdd] CARE - washing fleece and other fabric

Suzy Dunser suzy at dunser.com
Sat May 5 00:47:04 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

As an aside I first have to say I can see how people end up with lots
of guinea pigs... reading about new adoptions, how much people loved
their companions who have gone to the rainbow bridge, and rescue
homes with guinea pigs waiting for forever homes makes me think
already, hm, I could probably have one more without too much
crowding... (-: But first I'll wait to make sure my two still get
along when they grow up!! I don't have too much more space (that is
to say, no more space) I can commandeer for cages without potentially
alienating one of the humans who lives here...

Now my care question: This is the first time I've had an animal cage
with fleece in it, and I just washed the fleece today (also the
snuggle hats). As I was about to do it I realised I didn't know what
was safe to wash with. I washed them with wool wash, half strength.
Is that okay? Or should I just run them through the washer with
water? Or water with vinegar in it?? Or ???? We don't have Ivory
Flakes here...

Cheers,
Suzy