[Gpdd] MISC Messy Molly

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat May 5 06:36:11 EDT 2007

Hi Jaime,

I don't know about re-training Molly but here's something that might help in the meantime.

In England, we have a product called VetBed, which was developed for vets to use with post-operative patients but can be bought from pet food stores here. It is a fleecy fabric, which comes in grey or white and has a stiff backing material ( green ) through which liquid can pass but not return, keeping the top dry.  At Christmas, they sold one printed with holly pictures!

I can buy it from a roll by the yard and cut it up into various sizes to fit a carrier or a sleeping box, whatever is needed. It can go in the washing machine and lasts for ages ( if not for ever ). The one-way feature does not deteriorate with use or washing.

I use it for poorly or invalid piggies who may not be able to move around much and it prevents them from lying in their urine, which, as you say, will cause soreness. I have lots of pieces and change them as often as necessary.

I am sure that a similar product must exist in the US and perhaps someone can enlighten us.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.