[Gpdd] HEALTH Ovarian cysts

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue May 8 14:33:57 EDT 2007

Hi Carly,

The hormone treatment that Mieke mentioned is called HCG. There is some info about it on GuineaLynx http://www.guinealynx.info/ovarian_cysts.html

My rodentologist is able to apply pressure to ovarian cysts and disperse the contents, which are reabsorbed into the body. He told me that the contents are sterile and cause no ill-effects. He has done this to a couple of my sows when the cysts were very small but I don't know if it would work on larger cysts. With my two, there were no symptoms of the cysts ( no hair loss, bad temper etc. ) but he discovered them when the piggies were having a general check-up.

Best of luck with your little girl.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.