[Gpdd] Help with Our new adopted piggy

hypnotic95 at aol.com hypnotic95 at aol.com
Sun May 13 17:24:58 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,  last week I wrote to tell everyone that we were adopting  a
piggy from a neighbor,  Well we got the piggy his name is gunner,   he was so
quiet and shy at first.  I'm happy we have him because he wasn't  getting all the
food/care he really needed.  I know they tried they really  did,  but my
husband almost got sick cleaning out his cage that they gave  us.  Yes it was that
bad!! So we went out bought a new food bowl, hay rack,  things for him to
chew on.  He has the same house he came with just new  items in the cage.  Well
the problem we just started having is we are  feeding him better and he loves
it, he is under weight, he looks almost like a  baby next to our other two boys
who are actually a year younger.  His poops  are half the size and look so
weird next to our boys.  So we are slowing  introducing him to new things. Very
slowly.  But we have noticed a change  in his personality,  like before you
could pick him up or put your hand in  his cage to feed him no problems, now he
is getting almost nasty,  he is  very nippy,  I have gotten bitten a bunch of
times and i'm just trying to  feed him, My husband has also gotten his far
share of nips,  There not bad  but enough to make you think something is going
on.  He isn't with my other  two piggys who are in there own cages across the
room, he got to explore and  sniff them, but that's it for now.  Could this be
his adjusting to our  home? Should I be worried.  I try to do the same things
he was getting  before, just now he is getting more food and has a clean cage.
I know he  is still very new to us and he is  probably scared that's how ours
were at  first.  I just want to know am I doing the right thing?  All three
of  our boys are getting attention , love, food, play time,  I just  don't want
him to get aggressive with us, since we already have pancake who  is a little
spit fire himself.  Any suggestions help?  thanks

Kelly with pancake waffles and now gunner.