[Gpdd] HEALTH - question re. grass and website

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 09:11:55 EDT 2007

Hi Suzy.  No, Guinea Pigs will eat things they are not supposed to.  Unless it "smells bad" or has a bitter taste they probably eat it.  I suspect their learning process is much like ours, they learn from what their mothers eat.  I'm sure that there are GP's in the wild that die from eating the wrong thing.

  I'm not familiar with Galen although I've heard the name.  The one who can probably help you is Penny.  She has had many Guinea Pigs over the years who all seem to live to ripe old ages (go Penny!) and I know she forages for them.  You're right to be suspicious about plants.  Sometimes things can look like one thing, e.g. clover, and it turns out to be a young oxalis which is very bad.  I'm sure she'll help you out when she sees your question.  Since you both live in England she can speak to your local plants better than we in the States can.

  Give a big cuddle to Rocky and Cocoa for me.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug