[Gpdd] [GPDD] Care: Expenses and Support

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 13:15:46 EDT 2007

It seems to add insult to injury, sometimes, when we
  are faced with such high vet bills for our little ones.
  Especially with all other costs skyrocketing, but how
  can we say no? We are blessed with a wonderful vet,
  and they have always been kind to let me pay the
  bill in 2 or 3 (or 4!) pmts, giving them checks for
  each to deposit on future paydays. Perhaps your
  clinic will make some similar arrangement for you.

  Yes, Penny did fashion a buddy for one of the Piggyfriends,
  after a terrible loss.  We benefited from a similar method,
  a couple years ago, when our beloved Lil' Whistle went
  to the Bridge after a brief illness. He'd had a favorite toy,
  a beanbag bear since his 'alterations' that he loved to
  cuddle with. Poor Rosie was so sad without her LW,
  she would reach up on the shelf above her sleeping
  room and pull down that bear every day and drag it
  around with her, sleeping with it and sitting snuggled
  up to hit. Each morning I'd put it up, along with the
  blankie that also had his scent, and they were both
  soon down again.  So it evidentally did help, as she
  had little interest in it before LW left.

  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  ~remembering our loved ones at the Bridge