[Gpdd] HEALTH Piggy with cystitis

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue May 15 14:25:37 EDT 2007

Jamie,

I don't know whereabouts you live but here, in England, I use Septrin antibiotic against cystitis. This is recommended by the CCT ( Cavy Trust ) and Cavies Castle. Piggies don't mind the taste so it is not a problem to administer.

1ml. orally twice a day saw off my Gingerbread's persistent cystitis. The normal course is 5 days but you can give it for up to 10 if necessary.

For the urine scald, bathe Maya frequently, dry her carefully and apply a thick layer of Vaseline over the sore places. This acts as a barrier against the urine.

Septrin is also called Bactrim.

Hope this is of some help.

Get well soon little Maya,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.