[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Bailey

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sat May 19 13:05:51 EDT 2007

Kelly and Sean

We were so very sorry to read that your precious Bailey had departed for  the
Rainbow Bridge, especially when she was so very young. We know only too well
how distressing it is when one of our little ones falls ill, and it is so
difficult to know what to do for the best. If one has a vet who really
understands guinea pigs, the piggie should be taken there at first sign of a  problem,
but the treatments your vet prescribed sound a little unusual, and it
doesn't sound as though an accurate diagnosis was made. We have no competent  guinea
pig vets here in Northwest France, and we know how frustrating it is when
they give you something to try and you just have to watch the piggie go downhill
 in spite of your best efforts. The symptoms sound a little like those of our
 Scruff, who was also young and went to The Rainbow Bridge in spite of two
vet  visits - we think it was bloat but could never be sure.

It might be an idea to see whether you could find a different vet who knows
more about guinea pigs and rabbits, just in case Georgia, Abby or Peter become
 ill at some later stage. But we know it is not easy - we have failed in our
attempts.

You did the best you could, and we are sure Bailey knew she was loved. She
was lucky to live with her mother all her life, and we hope Georgia will not
pine for her too much. Please give her extra cuddles and treats on our behalf,
and be comforted in the fact that we understand how you feel and are thinking
of  you in your grief.

Debbie and the 13 Dolly Mixtures