[Gpdd] Miscellaneous Teddy and the Vet Visit

Mary Mentz marynwill2006 at earthlink.net
Sun May 20 03:40:04 EDT 2007

I went to the vet on Friday because Teddy was not himself with the constant
itching and occasional lurching.I guess the vet did not read that Teddy was
a male as when she grabbed him she said oh my he is a big male piggy .She
said he has a fungus and the sad part is I have to bath him in a special
shampoo twice a week it has to sit on him for 10 minutes he HATES to take a
bath he will scream like you are killing him.She also said he is 3.3 pounds
and he needs to diet.So any advice either private or group is strongly
recommended I need help. She said other than that he is in wonderful shape
Oh yeah she said she had to clip his teeth the weird things is she did not
put him to sleep and I thought they gassed them and put them under but she
said she clipped his lower teeth as there was an uneven break in one of the
teeth.I feed him hard I mean hard chewing blocks,hard timothy cubes,hard
food most of his veggies are frozen,I got him some vegetarian dog biscuits I
don't know what else to do to prevent this.Teddy was also a traitor he NEVER
lets me touch his belly she rolled him on his belly and was rubbing his
belly he bites me when I do it.He also gave the vet a kiss.She was talking
to me and holding him in her arms and I watched him creep up her shoulder
and planted one right on the kisser she got real quit looked down startled
and started talking again and he planted another one on her kisser she said
not only is he male but he is a little lover boy.I was so proud he had a
fungus and nothing else she said if it was mites he would be bald by now as
it been going on like that for a month.Well husband needs me and the cage
needs clean got to run.Oh yeah one more thing she said the fungus is because
he is allergic to oils and perfumes and lotions so no more lotions or
perfumes around him and I had to buy bedding with no oil or perfumes in it
She said buy pine chips with chlorophyll in it I thought that was weird
Well got to run bye for now.

Mary Mentz
Marynwill2006 at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~marynwill2006/