[Gpdd] Lilly passes over the Rainbow Bridge

Jennifer B Jacobs xenatikkanen at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 01:22:36 EDT 2007

Dear Fellow Piggie Slaves and Piglets,

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I have lost Lilly pig, who was to turn 5 in July to respiratory failure. She has been fighting it for a year now, and seemed to take a turn for the better for awhile, but then succumbed on Tuesday in the wee hours of the morning. Luckily I was there to hold and console and hug and pet and kiss her during the last hours of her life as she sat on my lap. She will be reunited with her family members (there are MANY!) over the Bridge. She is survived by her "sister," Paully, who is 6 1/2, and appears to be ready to outlive her slave! Paully is the last in my Tikkanen piggie line, one that has lasted 10 years. I have had piggies since 1975, and it never gets easier when one passes. This is the first time, however, that Paully will ever be alone in her life and I wonder how she'll do. I, of course, give her love and hold her and pet her all the time. She is a great lick machine who has a great, kind heart. She will kiss you all day long! She
 loves noses, lips, and eyes best! She'll lick and then nibble too!

I have read a lot over my years in the GPDD digest about many lonely pigs who have lived alone, and I ask advice from anyone and everyone who has had a piggie who has lived his or her whole life with another pig but now is alone after 6+ years. Anyone with vet experience, as well as piggie slaves are welcome to give tips and share experiences with me if they could.

Thanks so much and love to ALL piggies and their slaves. Take care, Slave Jen and Paully pig! xenatikkanen at yahoo.com