[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 10:09:16 EDT 2007

I have some very sad news about Oreo the lady pig who inspired LAPS.  She passed away on Thursday from a respiratory infection.  She was at the vet on Monday, but she never seemed to be able to shake it and it just got worse and worse.  We did everything we could, but she died.  Poor little thing.  She just couldn't fight it.  I'll miss her terribly.  She was my first pig.  I'm definitely a pig person now though and I do plan to get another rescue.  Oreo was from the rescue in Maryland and so I know she had a good life.  Pampered, petted and loved for as long as she had.  I have another pig, Pork Chop, but I really don't think she will miss Oreo.  Pork Chop is a real spoiled brat who thinks everything belongs to her and she never really bonded with Oreo.  I think I'll try to get baby sisters this time.  It was very hard losing my first pig, but we had a family crisis this weekend and it took my mind completely off Oreo which was good.  I'm a little weepy right now but I
 know it will pass.  Thanking you all in advance for your good wishes and support and my condolences to all who have lost a beloved pig.

  Grace and Pork Chop