[Gpdd] [GPDD] Health: Buzzerre

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 12:23:11 EDT 2007

Hi All
  Forgive me for not posting much recently, still no luck
  with my connection at home (technically, as I understand
  it, it is a problem between the modem and the driver).
  So I have to snatch bits of time at work here and
  there. Just trying to keep up with the Pig Olympics
  news, other GPDD news, and getting advice from
  friends on things like Buzzerre's current eye problem,
  are about all I've been able to manage (and it is very
  difficult for me not to be in the middle of it all!).
  First, tho, as I've noticed some frantic posts about
  whether PigAir would be picking up this pig or that
  pig at their local airport, I must also mention, that the
  special PigAirTransport division has made special
  arrangements to pick up those pigs in outlying areas,
  or with special needs (or who simply make request)
  to be picked up via hot air balloons!  There is now
  a fleet of them at the ready, properly decorated in
  pig style - carrot and parsley colors, etc.   More
  on that later.
  But now I just need to ask everyone's prayers for
  our dear Buzzerre, our own PigInCharge. Tomorrow
  she is scheduled for eye surgery. She apparently
  injured it somehow, and it must be removed. We
  have waited a week, hoping somehow it would
  improve, but it has not. She has 3 darling babies
  she has been nursing, and they are big enough
  now they will be fine if she decides to wean them.
  I am told the surgery, recovery, etc, will only take
  an hour and a half, and he is making special plans
  for the sedation so as not to affect her milk. He
  feels it will be a simple surgery, and that she should
  make a complete recovery.  Of course, I would prefer
  it had not become necessary, but I am glad to have
  a caring vet to rely on.
  Still, as we all know, any procedure is a risk, as is
  the condition itself, so I am asking you remember
  Buzzerre tomorrow during her surgery.  It may be
  the next day, but I will report back as soon as I am
  able to let you know now it goes.
  As always, our thoughts and prayers are with all of
  you with sick piggies, or with recent losses. I always
  try to contact everyone personally, but that has been
  a real challenge lately.
  Wheeks
  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  (including those already at Lake Elsinore, both
  practicing and on construction crew - Buster, are
  you really still working???)