[Gpdd] Misc Teddy

Mary Mentz marynwill2006 at earthlink.net
Wed May 23 08:19:03 EDT 2007

I give Teddy a small slice of green bell pepper and apple for AM breakfast
and cilantro and slice of cucumber for PM dinner.I rarely if any give him
treats he gets it once a week if that or if he is a good boy.I always treat
him with a little something if he allows me to bath him or he does good in
his training I got a magazine and I am training him to jump through a hoop
The hoop is only a 1/2 inch of the bed.I also take cilantro and put it in
front of him and make him run for the cilantro I also place him on the other
side of the house and call to him and he will run to me as fast as he can I
put a small piece of 2 by 4 between his water and food ball to make him hop
over it to excersise .She did tell me to place him in a ball or put a wheel
in his cage and I corrected her.Small pocket animals like rats ,hamsters,
gerbils etc there spines can curve to fit into those wheels and balls where
as a guinea pigs can not and will cause serious back trauma to them.She said
she never heard of that I advised her where to go online to find the
information I found it at Peter Gurney's web site.I don't want to hurt him
so I do small little things to pep him up.He has a very lazy habit he will
plop down and put his head in his food ball and lay there and eat I wait 2
minutes and I get up and investigate I will physically pick him up and place
him back on the bottom level.

Mary Mentz
Marynwill2006 at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~marynwill2006/