[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Lilly

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Thu May 24 03:40:35 EDT 2007

We were so very sorry to read that Lilly had finally lost her struggle
against respiratory failure, but glad that you were able to be there with her as
she made her final journey to that rainbow meadow where there is no suffering
or  pain. You were lucky to have had her for so long, though we are sure her
age was  as much a tribute to the love and care you bestowed upon her as a case
of luck.

Paully sounds a bit like our Zebra with her licking. He is only young, but
has been alone since his brother, Cannelletto, went to The Bridge last October.
 We are looking for a young male to keep Zebra company, as he lives beside
another pair of males and spends a lot of time trying to get into their cage -
we can see he is lonely.

Like you, we have lost many to The Bridge already, and we agree, it never
gets any easier. Each departure is an enormous wrench that leaves a raw, gaping
hole in our hearts. We will be interested to see what other gpdd-ers say
about  introducing another companion to a 6.5 year old piggie. The worry would
always  be that that new one would be in the same position when Paully went to
The  Bridge. Maybe a pair of young ones would be better? Some of us live 4 to a
big  cage or hutch in the winter, and 10 of us share a hutch and run in the
summer.

May it bring you a shred of comfort to know that we are thinking of you at
this sad time, and wishing you well.

Debbie and the 13 Dolly Mixtures