[Gpdd] MISC Keeping a piggy cool in the car.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu May 24 13:12:14 EDT 2007

I agree that the ice packs should be fine for a short drive.

It doesn't often get hot enough in England to worry but if I have to travel with a piggy on a hot day I nearly fill a large plastic drinks bottle with water and leave it in the freezer overnight. When I am ready to leave I wrap the bottle in a towel and put it in the carrier. If I am using an open top carrier I cover it with another towel and put in slices of cucumber to munch as a water bottle can be messy.

Best wishes for Quentin at the vet.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.