[Gpdd] [VIRTUAL] Pig Olympigs

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Fri May 25 10:23:55 EDT 2007

Sorry to have been away for a while, there have been some piggy problems
which I hope are now resolved.  For UK digesters of a certain age, they
will know what I mean when I say it has been like Emergency Ward 10! [ER,
House, Casualty etc for digesters of a slightly different vintage]

My piggies have a team known as the "piggy porcelains" (this is, of
course, pronounced "porker-lains", not to be confused with china!)

Bess is on frusemide as she has heart problems, but she would be delighted
to help with the security detail, as she already has experience in warning
her slave of a potential fire in the kitchen.

The Lady Rowena would like to take part in the "Does my Bum Look Big in
This?" contest.  After an adverse reaction to Baytril, she has pulled
through, and has been eating well to put weight back on in order to come
first in this part of the competition.  She is also expecting to do well
in the "Is My Breakfast Ready Yeeeeeeeet?" wheeking department.

Princess Patchouli is hoping to pigticipate in the Celtic Knot Dancing
while waiting for breakfast competition.

Grace would like to pigticipate in Dozing in the Food Bowl up to the
Elbows (dry mix as well as salad).

There are many entries for Resting on One Side with Leg Out for Balance,
including Bess, Emily, Beatrix, Grace and Phoebe.

Elliott is hoping there is a Lone Ranger Look-Alike contest, and is aiming
for high marks in Nibbling the Bars of His Cabin (even when mummy and the
vet say he's not to do it as he might hurt his teeth again as he has lost
one already).

Miles would be happy to escort any lady pigs who might be feeling a little
shy; he is a golden English crested piggy, who is just recovering from
having a follicular tumour removed.  Miles was so good at throwing his
cocoon (like a pigloo...but bigger) we migrated to a large waffle block
house for his bedroom, but if he stands really tall, he can put his hands
on the roof.  Miles would be willing to do demonstrations for other
piggies wanting to brush up on their skills in this department.

Unfortunately, my modem has given up on me...I went in to an electronics
shop to get a replacement today, and when the staff (who looked like
children) running the place stopped laughing, they told me they hadn't
stocked one like mine for seven years.  Mmm.  So I can't check my email
from home at the moment.

The Piggy Porcelains would like to book a PigAir flight to pick them up
from London; there are nine entrants, and they would be happy to share
with any other piggies going from the UK who haven't already left for the
Olympigs.

Let the games commence!

Kay