[Gpdd] misc; skinny pigs

bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 09:29:01 EDT 2007

Thank you for all your responses including Andrew with skinny rat (brave man)?I did want a balanced perspective.

I think we agree that breeding these poor things is wrong but that we wont be able to stop it and if one needed a home we wouldnt turn them away.

I now have a moral dilema, a week or so ago I got an email inviting me to join a forum about guinea pigs, which I joined, after exploring further I discovered that some people on the forum are breeding skinny pigs?in fact there is a whole section dedicated to them which I have avoided like the plague. I have also found that most people are breeders which I know there are mixed feelings about on the digest, (before Alge told me didnt know that satins had such bad problems). There are however people like me who just have the little guys because we love them. They have a health section and beginners guide which are valuable resources, as much information as you can get can only help our piggies have a better quality of life and care.

My question is should I remove myself from the forum because I feel so strongly about skinny pigs (obviously sharing my opinion there would not go down too well and would probably get me banned anyway) or can I stay as a member and only use the resources I need avoiding breeding and skinny pigs. I dont want to miss advise about health issues, but does staying a member and not speaking up mean I am condoning the breeding of skinny pigs.

Ahhhhhhhh help I am so confused would appreciate some advise, I know I am the only one who can decide but knowing what other people would do will help me make that decision.

Its a tough one I know.

Thanks

M + Fugly (who never has to trouble his pretty head about such things)

Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage.  Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Find out more at http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.