[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS]<Off topic but hoping someone can help!> Baby bunnies need surrogate?

Liz Kennedy liz_kennedy at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:55:11 EDT 2007

Hi Fellow GPPDers-
I've recently been in contact with a lovely young lady who is trying to find a surrogate mother rabbit for 5 abandoned baby bunnies.
We contacted the local House Rabbit Society (Colorado chapter, we are in the Denver area), and they were able to take 2 babies (from the original 7), however could only take 2 because the surrogate mother already had a litter of 6 and they didn't want to stress her out and risk the other babies' lives.
The babies have been to the vet, and the vet said that they will only survive so long on regular milk, and really need a surrogate.
I know this is very off topic, but I'm running out of ideas, and I feel obligated (as a true animal lover) to exhaust ALL of my resources, and the wonderful GPDD is one of those resources (indirectly).
Anyone have any helpful suggestions that I may not have thought of?
TIA-
Liz